Saturday 10 January 2009

Eternal Echoes

The title of his blog is inspired by one of my favourite lines in, probably my all time favourite movie, that line is:

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

In case you hadn't spotted it it's a line from the blockbuster movie 'Gladiator'. The movie, starring Russel Crowe, is about a Roman general who refused to compromise his values and ended up falling from grace and becoming a slave, a slave who became a gladiator and a gladiator who defied and ultimately defeated an emperor, consequently completely altering an empire that at the time covered most of the known world. (I'm sorry if you haven't seen it I may have just ruined it for you but hopefully you can forgive me.) I know it's just a story but I believe its message, what we do as individuals can and does have far reaching consequences...are those consequences ones we can be proud of or ones we would regret?

This line speaks to me because I know that I have been placed on this earth for purpose. I believe that each one of us has the ability and the potential to be people of influence, I strongly believe that we control our lives, our lives don't control us. Sometimes I look around and wonder am I really in control, can I really affect my environment, do I really have control or am I being controlled. Ultimately I come to the same conclusion, yes, I believe each one of us has a destiny to fulfil, a purpose to realise and the opportunity to become more than ourselves.


Each of us come from different walks of life, different countries, different cultures, different jobs, different abilities but each and every one of us has something to give.

Think about what you are going to do today, who you are going to see, what are you going to say, how are the ripples of your actions going to effect the space around you? Food for thought but who wants to simply exist, I would rather shine.

2 comments:

  1. YES GORDON! GREAT BLOG - LOVE THE PHOTO AND TITLE. SO INSPIRING TO HEAR HOW WE CAN EFFECT THE FUTURE NOW AND IN ETERNITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yeah COME ON! Our Eternal perspective IS vital to our walk with King Jesus and it has a profound affect on our lives everyday...

    ReplyDelete